Subject: [Boost-users] [interprocess] managed_shared_memory on Windows XP virtual machine
From: Rui Pedro Fernandes (ruipfernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 13:14:23

Hi,

I found a problem that seems to be an issue in boost.interprocess (1.41):

I was using managed_shared_memory (not managed_windows_shared_memory) and
all was going fine until the day I run my applications on a virtual machine.
The problem is that some applications were randomly not able to attach the
shm previously created and the error was: "The system cannot find the file
specified".
I found that in fact the folder (under ...All Users\Application
Data\boost_interprocess) where the shm file was being looked for was not the
same as the folder where it was created.

Is it possible that the algorithm used to build the name of the folder
"thinks" for some reason that there was a system restart ?

Cheers,

Rui