Subject: [Boost-users] [interprocess] user application can't attach shared memory created by Windows service
From: Rui Pedro Fernandes (ruipfernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 13:36:32

Hi,

I'm using version 1.41 in a Windows Server 2008 host.

If I run an application as a service (in fact launching it with srvany) that
creates a named managed_windows_shared_memory and then execute a user
application that tries to attach the shm, the later cannot succeed to attach
- error is: "The system cannot find the file specified".

On the other hand, if the shared memory is of type managed_shared_memory
then all runs fine.

Couldn't this indicate that in the windows approach the file mapping object
should be created with more global security and access rights?

Thanks,

Rui