Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Chrono] How to report problems?
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 21:21:16

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland Bock" <rbock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>
Cc: <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:08 PM

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the late reply, did not see it among all the other stuff....
>
> vicente.botet wrote:
>> Hi,

the "unused parameter `ec'" warnings should be corrected in the sandbox

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/boost/chrono/stopwatch_reporter.hpp

I will release version 0.5 on the Boost Vault soon (only minor modifications).

>>> b) The thread_clock part of the tutorial looks pretty broken.
>>
>> thread_clock was one of the last features I added and has been tested only on linux with gcc-4.2.1. I need to port it to Windows, but for the moment I have had no time. Could you give more details on how this is broken?
>>
>>> Not sure if more things will come up, but if so, where should I send
>>> them? Maybe this information would be a nice addition to the FAQ until
>>> chrono makes it into boost?

So, if I understood you, the broken part is on Windows? I will add this waring on the documentation untilI finish the Windows implementation.

>> You can send to this ML, but as the library is under developement maybe it is better to send you mails to the boost development list boost_at_list.boost.org.
>>
>>> Thanks for this cool library!
>>
>> Glad to hear it is useful for you.
>>
>> Have you run the tests onyour platform? It would be great if you can make a pre-review of the library, this will surely help to improve the library before the formal review, could you?
>
> We are using
>
> boost::chrono::thread_clock
> boost::chrono::thread_clock::time_point
> boost::chrono::system_stopwatch
>
> in production now (on an Ubuntu system). All numbers I checked so far
> looked very reasonable :-)
>
> I have no idea what is required for a pre-review. Is there some document
> for that?

You can start for example by reviewing the documentation. Any suggestions that can improbe it are welcome.

Thanks for your interest,
Vicente Juan Botet Escribá
http://viboes.blogspot.com/