Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost.spirit.qi : how to disable semantic actions
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-12 08:37:58

> I'am using spirit::qi for developping a parser. Thanks boost for this
> great job.
> My issue is that I would like to test the syntax of my grammar before
> performing semantic actions. Is these any way to do that, I mean parse a
> string without performing the defined semantic actions ?
> Thanks in advance for any help

There isn't such a thing in Spirit. But you're the second one to ask so I
assume it has some value to implement something allowing to achieve this
behavior (a directive? i.e. noactions[...] would inhibit the execution of
all semantic actions for the embedded parser). I believe this is possible
without too much effort. I'll see what I can do.

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
www.boostcon.com