Subject: [Boost-users] [program_options] linking to specific library version requested?
From: Diederick C. Niehorster (dcnieho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-12 09:22:23

Hi All,

I use program_options happily. One minor annoyance is that the headers
somewhere seems to specify which version of the library (the exact
file name) they want to link with. I've tried setting "#define
BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_NO_LIB ON" that I found by googling, but it made
no difference.

I always get "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_program_options-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib'". Ideally, I'd like to
link with libboost_program_options-vc100-mt-gd.lib so that when I
upgrade boost I don't have to change the includes in my project files.

More strangely, on one of the three computers I work with, next to the
library corresponding to the newest boost version, it always requests
to link to **-1_41.lib files as well, complete cleaning and rebuilding
from scratch does not solve this.

I have observed this with both MSVC2008 and MSVC2010.

How can I configure program_options such that I can do the linking myself?

Best and thanks!
Dee