Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Best libraries for a Boost workshop
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-22 16:11:09

José Tomás Tocino García wrote:

> So far, the libraries I'm sure I'm going to teach are: smart pointers,
> lexical_cast, bind and function, ref, hash and unordered containers.
> I'd also add strings algorithms, maybe regex and/or tokenizer. I'm not
> sure about «program options».

You've covered my top choices in the above. But you might consider
presenting Phoenix with/instead of bind. The creation of lazy functors
is hugely useful -- my code is full of bind() calls -- and the use of
operator overloading in lambda and Phoenix is mind-blowingly cool when
you first encounter it.

For "interesting," consider also Spirit Qi. The ability to write a
parser in (a close approximation of) BNF inline in your C++ source
definitely stretched my sense of what's possible with the language.