Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Best libraries for a Boost workshop
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-22 16:06:38

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<AANLkTilc8rq4n8Nq0zZO6ZdBOwsr4Q9ShQ-YO6A5GgMl_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>Hi, I'm going to be teaching a four hours workshop about getting
>started with Boost, and I'm wondering which libraries would be the
>most representative and interesting to show.

I would strongly recommend you cover Boost.Test. You could lead them
through the Prime Factors Kata as I do in this series of posts:
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/04/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-1/>
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/05/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-2/>
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/05/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-3/>

For whatever reason, C++ code is often the code base most lacking in
unit tests. I think its really important to make sure that C++
programmers know how to write basic unit tests.