Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Testing that a particular operator is not alllowed
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-09 11:53:26

On 7/9/2010 2:15 AM, Joel Falcou wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>> Do you know why ConceptTraits was abandoned ? It looks very good.
>
> It was left out cause at some point, Concepts had great chance to be in
> the standard, makign this obsolete. Considering the Concepts are now
> back to attic, it should be a good idea to revive it.

I sent a message to Terje Slettebø, whose e-mail address was in the
documentation, and he graciously responded. It is clearly up to him and
Tobias Schwinger whether or not they want to revive their work on the
CTL and submit it to Boost, but I will use their library as is in the
sandbox and see if it fits my immediate needs, as well as looking at
Frederick Bron's work.

For my own purposes, discovering whether a particular user-defined type
implements a particular operator would be very valuable,and any library
which has such functionality would be a great addition to Boost.