Subject: [Boost-users] [test] Windows Vista: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)."
From: Daniel Trebbien (dtrebbien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-06 20:35:41

I am using MinGW on Windows to try to compile a working shared binary
of Unit Test Framework. My GCC version is the latest for MinGW, 4.5.0,
and I used the following line to compile
libboost_unit_test_framework-mgw45-mt-1_44.dll:
bjam toolset=gcc link=shared --with-test release

I have tried both Boost 1.43.0 and 1.44.0 beta 1 sources, but with
each, bjam succeeds and my test program that uses UTF fails with the
message dialog: The application failed to initialize properly
(0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application.

My test program compiles and runs fine on Debian Linux using Boost 1.42.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?