Subject: [Boost-users] cannot find namespace boost?
From: Andreas Ronnquist (gusnan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-06 22:20:58

Hi!

When compiling my project using Boost 1.43 and Visual C++ 2010 Express
I get the following:

error C2653: 'boost' : is not a class or namespace name
error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'
error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not
support default-int error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'

where I am using boost::shared_ptr<Some_Class>

Is this some simple newb mistake I am making?

This is on a cmake-based project, which works just fine with boost
1.37, but there on the other hand I get a whole lot of warnings like
this:

"Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report
the results"
which I interpret as Visual C++ 2010 being too new to be recognized by the
older version of boost.

Is this some major change in boost that I have missed? I am just using
this shared_ptr, and I believe that it is only header-based, and I
don't need to compile boost to use it? Is that wrong?

best regards

--
Andreas Ronnquist <gusnan_at_[hidden]>