Subject: Re: [Boost-users] QuickBook
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-14 05:27:15

On 14 August 2010 00:07, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It was not prematurely terminated, I had to comment out that one line
> or quickbooks would not compile, which is odd because the
> documentation says that line should be allowed.  The id line is also
> in the documentation, but it is seeming like it is not supported
> either, but it still lets it compile...

I found out recently that some of the document info attributes are
only valid for the 'library' documentation type. So I put in an error
if they were used, but then I realised that it broke some of the
documentation, so I changed it to a warning (this was about a month
ago). I suspect that you built quickbook between those changes. If
you're using a prebuilt quickbook, you should build it from a released
version, since that will be better tested.

> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> Also, what is the difference between article and the other possible
>>> types, the documentation did not elaborate at all, just listed them...
>
> Still curious.

Types other than library are docbook document types. You can read
about them in the docbook documentation.

> Also, what about the man not building issue, and the fop issue?  Why
> does the setup sh script try to download a non-existing fop version,
> and why does fop1.0 fail with what boostbook generates for it,
> although fop0.95 works?

I wouldn't bother with fop, it doesn't produce very good results.
We've have better luck with xep, The setup script is problematic, it
breaks quite frequently. I've been thinking about deleting it or
cutting it down to something simpler. The instructions I linked to
earlier would setup quickbook without using that script.

Daniel