Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.accumulators : weighted_median
From: Maximilian Matthe (Maxi.Matthe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-10 14:00:57

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your advice! I now tried to insert the actual pixel values
into the accumulator. The median is now calculated (almost) correctly.
That's sufficient for my application.
Maybe it would be good to extend the documentation by mentioning that
the median cannot be estimated well, if the inserted data is sorted?
Because most people know how to use the median but not, how to estimate
it. (maybe there are more such statistical parameters?).

You also mentioned, Accumulators is not the best library for my needs,
what would you suggest?

Thanks, Max