Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [python] python 3 with boost 1.44, without using bjam
From: dhruva (dhruvakm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-10 14:13:26

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Geoff Hilton
<geoff.hilton_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> After further thought I just realized that of course it has to be binary
> compatible somehow if bjam can do it since it's a compiler driver.. which
> means I still need to find the appropriate magic to get it to recognize
> python3...

bjam is just another make (purely from a functionality perspective,
not trying to disregard it in anyway). I agree that it cannot affect
the binary compatibility.

> Again, I'd love some hints, if anyone has anymore!

I assume you are using the same MSVC version for building boost and
your application (VC90 which I think is VC 2008). Try using "depends"
on the boost python DLL and ensure you have the symbols that show up
in linker error.

I am at a dead end now. It would help me if you can give me the
command line linker syntax from your project (that is giving you the
unresolved errors). Tough to troubleshoot without that information.

-dhruva

PS: When I am back in office (monday), I can check on a windoze box
(if this remains unresolved).