Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Could searching and indexing Boost docs might work better?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-19 09:58:53

Neither of these solve the real problem - Google is not indexing the release version,
surely this is the most important of all?

Ideally, all versions should be indexed, but this too might be confusing - very many index entries for the same item in *all* the old versions.

Perhaps including 'release' in the search terms?

Or some 'old' flag - but you can't add that later (after has been indexed) can you?

But I'm not sure if Google will respect that as a 'must have' and or a 'must not' term?

I'm not sure how to solve this, but I feel it is really rather important.

A Google search on boost.org at least should find the release version.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK