Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost serialize - stack overflow for largeproblems
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-29 22:52:03

"Jörg F. Unger" wrote:
>>> 2) have the possibility to write a "weak reference" to a pointer,
>>> which only adds the pointer to the "tracking" map with a special
>>> flag saying it wasn't "really" written yet, such that writing the
>>> topology of a node that wasn't yet written is akin to "forward
>>> references" to those neighboring nodes. Either the node will
>>> really be written later on, or it never will, and I suppose
>>> serialization should handle that gracefully.
>> I'd have to think about this.
>>
> This idea seems to be very appealing

except that it would have the same stack depth as the current
solution.

and if there is a possibility to
> implement that into the serialization library that would be great.

Not going to happen.

One final thing would work for you. If you separated your
node data from the graph data and serialized the node data
first you would have no problem. It could well be that
mixing the node data and grapharcs inside the same structure
might not be a great idea in any case.

Robert Ramey