Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Users! Who'd like to wave goodbye to #ifdef BOOST_MSVC6_* workarounds?
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-04 04:04:03

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So, this would entail much more effort than meets the eye
> and with no real benefit.
>
> -1

I am in no sense an expert on this, and absolutely yield the floor to those
who know
far more about it than I do, but isn't the whole point to do what requires
least effort?

In voting to remove MSVC6 support I'm expressing the sentiment that I see
little
need to maintain it, but if maintaining it is the easier route then I see no
objection
IN PRINCIPLE to doing so, beyond a general feeling that a leaner codebase is
better
than a bloated one.

Is there a 'do nothing' option here? Ie., leave the codebase unchanged but
no longer
declare MSVC6 support, and so no longer require authors to support it?

Just my $0.02 worth.

- Rob.