Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Can't link subgraphs because remove_vertex is a TODO
From: Trevor Harmon (Trevor.W.Harmon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-19 15:47:45

On Oct 19, 2010, at 9:20 AM, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:

> What exactly are you trying to
> do with subgraphs? Maybe there is another way to do it that doesn't
> hit
> these problems.

I'm trying to link two subgraphs in such a way that requires vertex
removal. Attached are two PDFs showing the "before" and "after" for a
simple example. Note that the entry and exit vertices (4 and 5) are
removed.

Luckily, the remove_edge method works for subgraphs, so I'm able to
rewire the edges as illustrated. Although this leaves the unremovable
vertices dangling, they are effectively removed from all traversal
algorithms. However, I do have to add some special case code to skip
them whenever I output the graph data.

Trevor

P.S. I have created a bug report on this: