Subject: [Boost-users] boost.MPI dynamic data structure error
From: Jack Bryan (dtustudy68_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-19 16:39:45

Hi ,
I need to design a data structure to transfer data between nodes by boost.MPI.
Some elements of the the structure has dynamic size.
For example,
typedef struct{
double data1;vector<double> dataVec;
} myDataType;
The size of the dataVec depends on some intermidiate computing results.
If I only declear it as the above myDataType, I think, only a pointer is transfered.
When the data receiver try to access the elements of vector<double> dataVec, it got segmentation fault error.
But, I also need to use the myDataType to declear other data structures.
such as vector<myDataType> newDataVec;
I cannot declear myDataType in a function , sucjh as main(), I got errors:
 main.cpp:200: error: main(int, char**)::myDataType; uses local type main(int, char**)::myDataType;

Any help is really appreciated.
thanks
Jack
Oct. 19 2010