Subject: Re: [Boost-users] asio UDP message packet loss even on localhost?
From: Ákos Maróy (akos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-22 09:04:34

On 22/10/10 14:42, Igor R wrote:
> I run your code (Win7, MSVC10, boost 1.44), and I can't reproduce the
> issue you describe, the output is always:
> b sent 2000 messages
> a received 2000 messages

interesting. I'm using boost 1.40 on a Linux box (Ubuntu 10.04 64bit),
and we also tried with boost 1.40 on a Windows box, with the same
results. maybe I should try with a more recent boost version

> Anyway, if I read your code correctly, you assume that all these
> messages should be sent/received within 1 second, don't you? What if
> you increase this value?

this is already the result of increasing this sleep period. the results
are the same for 100ms already, raising to 1000ms didn't make a
difference, doubt longer values would..