Subject: Re: [Boost-users] asio UDP message packet loss even on localhost?
From: Reynolds, John (John.Reynolds_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-22 09:18:49

Igor R wrote:
>> I'm having a very basic issue: when sending a large number of UDP
>> messages in short succession via boost::asio, even to localhost,
>> after a few hundred messages, there seems to be a serious loss.

On XP I have seen UDP loss localhost with plain sockets when a machine is under load.
I assume that MS literally take the unreliable part of UDP and discard the packets.
Remember the localhost IP stack on windows is not the same the more real IP stack on Linux/Unix boxes, there are performance ;) enhancements