Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] What's so cool about Boost.MPI?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-22 14:02:08

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I believe accomplishing the same thing with MPI would involve
> two message ids (tags) and would require more work to be
> certain that the messages are sent and received in the correct
> order.  There's needless overhead associated with the additional
> message id and the programming is more involved to make
> sure everything is kosher.

I'm afraid I don't get your point. MPI is what it is. Boost.MPI is
cool because it makes MPI easier and makes getting the best out of MPI
practical. If you want something other than what MPI itself offers,
you're speaking to the wrong people about coolness improvements. You
need to talk to the MPI people.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing