Subject: Re: [Boost-users] General design question about threading/concurrency
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-24 18:08:16

Hi Julien,

On Oct 24, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Julien Martin wrote:

> I am writing a program that needs to run N simulations with N >10 000.

This sounds a lot like Monte Carlo. Are each of the N simulations essentially independent of each other, until perhaps all N complete and then some additional processing occurs? If so, then instead of using threads,

> Obviously, I cannot instantiate N threads at the same time but I cannot run the simulations sequentially either.
> Can anyone please advise me how to design my program using the boost threading library and concepts please?

I'd use MPI if you can, but I don't know enough about your application domain.

-- Noel