Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boostbook+quickbook] : A way to write latex math
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-25 05:03:57

> This is just some info, that might interest others :
>
> I just recently discovered :
>
> http://www.mathjax.org
>
> which is quite nice for writing math equations.
>
> I use quickbook for my documentation. Fortunately it is very easy to
> incorporate MathJax into quickbook, so you can write :
>
> '''
> <my-latex-math>some formula in latex</my-latex-math>
> '''

That's really cool, and it looks like Mathjax could become the defacto
standard for Math in web pages.

Unfortunately at present I don't see an easy way to integrate this into PDF
generation - as the code you posted is HTML output specific. However, given
that MathJax can handle MathML - which is what Boost.Math uses for it's
equations - I guess we need to experiment to see if this can be nicely
integrated into the Boost.Math docs.

Thanks for the heads up on this, John.