Subject: [Boost-users] Statistical distributions in Boost.Math
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-05 04:59:11

Recently I have been working on a few more Statistical Distributions for
Boost.Math.

 These will be in release in 1.45 and some more in 1.46,

(and soon, an update to http://sourceforge.net/projects/distexplorer/
Distribution Explorer, a mixed C++ and C# Windows application that allows
you to explore the properties of various statistical distributions, &
calculate the Cumulative Distribution Function CDF, Probability Distribution
Function PDF, or quantiles/percentiles).

inverse chisquare, inverse gamma distribution, inverse Gaussian, Wald.

1 I am looking for some examples of their use for the documentation.

If you could to propose and/or help work up some not-too-complicated
examples of applications of these (they seem to be popular with followers of
the Reverend Bayes ;-) - please contact me privately.

2 Are there other distributions (or 'special' functions) that you, or your
colleagues, friends or relations, would find useful?

If you have suggestions or requests, please tell me.

Thanks

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,