Subject: [Boost-users] [Proto] typeof in Hello World example
From: Hossein Haeri (powerprogman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-15 06:47:38

Dear all,

I have recently started reading about Proto and am only crawling through the user guide. So, sorry if the question is too newbie...

I see in the Hello World example at the Getting Started section

http://boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/doc/html/proto/users_guide.html#boost_proto.users_guide.getting_started

in the Hello World example, the following header is also included:

<boost/typeof/std/ostream.hpp>

I was suspicious that this is not needed for this very example. So, I removed it and GCC 4.5.1 compiled it happily. I see also that this header is not included in the same example in the Example section of the user guide:

http://boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/doc/html/proto/users_guide.html#boost_proto.users_guide.examples

Am I right in guessing that this header is not needed then?

TIA,
--Hossein