Subject: [Boost-users] [netlib] 0.8-beta now available!
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-15 07:04:44

Hi Everyone, advanced apologies for cross-posting.

I've just tagged and uploaded archives of the cpp-netlib 0.8-beta
which features:

  * An asynchronous server template, allowing for server-side
streaming of data, asynchronous writing and reading facilities for
server-side handlers, and a thread pool implementation that's
temporarily using Boost.Asio's io_service for application-specific
asynchronous handlers to run from.
  * A `ready(...)` wrapper to check for whether an asynchronous
client's response is ready.

The documentation has also been updated to feature a brand-new
reference manual detailing the implementation, caveats, and public API
of the HTTP client and server templates.

You can go ahead and download the 0.8-beta and report issues you find
either directly to me or through the mailing lists (Boost.User,
Boost.Devel, and the cpp-netlib developers mailing lists).

The target release for 0.8 will be this Friday, November 19, 2010.

As usual, you can download the 0.8-beta package from GitHub at:

  https://github.com/cpp-netlib/cpp-netlib/downloads

You can also check out the documentation for 0.8-beta at:

  http://cpp-netlib.github.com/0.8-beta

Thanks everyone and I look forward to most appreciated feedback!

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com