Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [PBGL] Betweenness centrality and named vertexes
From: Cedric Laczny (cedric.laczny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-27 11:55:56

On Saturday, 27. November 2010 17:45:05 Carmine Paolino wrote:

> >> The code compiles and runs well with degree centrality, node strength (a
> >> generalization of degree centrality to graphs with weighted edges), and
> >> PageRank. You can see the working code here:
> >> https://github.com/earcar/lana
> >
> > Do you mean the code including the named vertices or the code without the
> > named vertices?
>
> It's the actual project (still in early stages!), which is implemented with
> named vertices.

Ok, because your algorithms are working with named vertices, it seems that
brandes_betweenness_centrality() is calling a function that the others do
not... As otherwise, these should also fail. At least that's what sounds
logical to me :)

> > Because this might represent a bug (you seem to have the most recent
> > version of boost - maybe except for the svn-versions) and since you are
> > actually working on that problem, could you please file a bug report on
> > this?
>
> Here it is: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4899
>
> > Maybe it will even be fixed in the november bug sprint...
> >
> > General information about the bug sprint is here:
> > https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BugSprintNov2010
>
> Great.

Nice! However, I think you missed/forgot the point about named vertices and
the hashed_distribution and the operator().

> Carmine

Best,

Cedric