Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Help with Visual Studio settings for BoostSerialization
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-04 13:13:02

Abdullah ARSLAN wrote:
> I am trying to implement very simple sample of boost serialization.
> I have a sample class, class1. It only contains a simple int variable.
> I followed the examples given here :
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/libs/serialization/doc/index.html
>

> I also think that i followed this guideline :
> http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/more/getting_started/windows.html
> but i am not sure...
>

> Here is the error i get:
>

> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: void __thiscall
> class1::serialize<class boost::archive::text.....

This is likely an error in your application. class1::serialize<...> is not defined
in the library or the serialization headers. It's missing from your application.
You've used something like

class1 c;
ar << c

but there is no

classs class1 {
    template<class Archive>
    void serialization(Archive &ar, unsigned int version){
    }
};

Robert Ramey