Subject: Re: [Boost-users] named pipes in boost for Linux
From: rohini chandra pallapothu (rohinichandrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-18 18:12:50

Thank you Boris, but I need to setup IPC between two processes which are not
child and parent.

I had used boost message queues as of now for the same but I am not able to
wait on the boost message queue as it is not possible to get a file
descriptor of a boost message queue. To my understanding, native() method
cannot be used on a boost message queues.

Now, I want to use some other IPC technique other than boost message queues
due to the above reason. So I thought of checking if pipe communication is
possible between two unrelated processes using boost.

Could you please help me if you have more information regarding this.

Please let me know if you need more information to help me.

Best Regards,
Rohini Chandra