Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::interprocess boost::interprocess xsi_shared_memory
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-21 12:46:24

El 20/12/2010 19:41, Daniel Neuberger escribió:
> Is there a reason for not finishing the implementation of XSI (System
> V) shared memory? It seems like most of the work is already done. If
> there is no reason not to, I might be able to finish the
> implementation so that it can be included in the next release.

XSI was supposed to be available to have a posix-like portable shared
memory semantics for systems with only system v shared memory. However
lack of time and portability issues froze the development. Maybe some
class (xsi_shared_memory) is ready to be public, just like we have
windows_shared_memory. It shouldn't be hard to implement
managed_xsi_shared_memory. If there is interest in them I could add them
and try posix emulation on top of XSI later.

Best,

Ion