Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Suggestion to the packaging of boost libraries
From: Raymond Burkholder (ray_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-27 14:30:16

>I guess you mean the libraries that are not domain-specific but more like language library extension?
>I remember another discussion about this very toppic earlier in the year.

>On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 15:37, Taworn T. <taworn_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Just courious. But how do you define what the frequently used
>> libraries are?
>>
>Thank for the question. I think the word "frequently-use" is quite ambiguous.
>And everyone works might be difference.

>But of course, if this concept is accepted by boost community. The decision
>about "frequently-used-libraries" must be decided by boost developer team.

I think that the definition of ‘frequent-use’ continuously changes as one uses the library and encounters/learns more and more useful tools. I would vote that the packaging remains as it is.

If one wants only specific headers, I think there was a discussion many moons ago about a tool which would extract the ‘used’ headers for minimizing a final project footprint.

Ray

believed to be clean.