Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Suggestion to the packaging of boost libraries
From: Klaim (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-28 05:44:10

I'm not a great dev as people here but my opinion is that 1. Boost need be
split in several packs 2. Each library should have a separate version number
or something similar 3. A full bundle and a header only bundle should be
provided without the dev having to understand how to extract headers
himself. I'm talking about all boostified libraries, not for one specific.
Splitting libraries would already provide a way to get only dependencies for
specific libraries. However, discussions here and Ryppl current
developpement shows that all that is not easy task and sometimes becomes
wishful thinking.