Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Suggestion to the packaging of boost libraries
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-28 05:51:45

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Klaim <mjklaim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm not a great dev as people here but my opinion is that 1. Boost need be
> split in several packs 2. Each library should have a separate version number
> or something similar 3. A full bundle and a header only bundle should be
> provided without the dev having to understand how to extract headers
> himself. I'm talking about all boostified libraries, not for one specific.
> Splitting libraries would already provide a way to get only dependencies for
> specific libraries. However, discussions here and Ryppl current
> developpement shows that all that is not easy task and sometimes becomes
> wishful thinking.

Please don't top-post.

I for one like the idea of different bundles of libraries for Boost.
Just as it is being discussed in a few other threads, this is
something that would be interesting to see happen.

Decoupling Boost into smaller libraries would definitely be nice.

--
Dean Michael Berris
about.me/deanberris