Subject: [Boost-users] [Off topic] Strict Aliasing white paper redux
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-03 01:11:56

Some time ago, I posted a link here to my (then new) white paper on
strict-aliasing. I wrote it because people keep posting, on this and on
other lists, questions that show a basic misunderstanding of aliasing
and what the rules in C and C++ standards on aliasing are intended to
communicate. I got some great feedback and have posted a new revision,
http://dbp-consulting.com/StrictAliasing.pdf. I'm hoping that people on
this list will review the paper and tell me some more ways of improving
it. My intention is to write a paper that will make it so that I won't
have to keep answering the same questions over and over again;) I'll
just point people at the paper.

Best regards,

Patrick