Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Moving my Boost installation
From: Raymond Wan (r.wan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-05 10:41:05

Hi Robert,

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 22:10, Robert Jones <robertgbjones_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I have Boost installed under Fedora13 in /usr/include, not installed by me,
> but I imagine
> done as part of installing Fedora.
>
> I have a codebase that uses Boost and builds perfectly, using gcc 4.5.1
>
> Now, if I move my Boost installation
>
> mv /usr/include/boost ~rgj/xx
>
> and add an appropriate include directive to my compile lines, I get compile
> errors from Boost headers
>
> /home/rgj/xx/boost/date_time/gregorian/conversion.hpp: In function ‘tm
> boost::gregorian::to_tm(const boost::gregorian::date&)’:
> /home/rgj/xx/boost/date_time/gregorian/conversion.hpp|44 col 23| error:
> missing initializer for member ‘tm::tm_sec’
> etc, etc
>
> Obviously I'm having a minor aberration here...what am I doing wrong?

The only thing I can think of besides file permissions (which are
correct, I presume?) is that you haven't changed your BOOST_ROOT
environment variable. In case I forgot something, I'd also look at
your environment and see if there is anything with BOOST in it that
ought to be changed:

env | egrep BOOST

And you can have multiple versions existing -- there is no reason why
you should have to move it. Since Fedora installed it for you, there
is the possibility that it is required by another installed program
which you've broken by moving it...

Ray