Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [range] Zip range adaptor
From: Nathan Crookston (nathan.crookston_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-27 16:48:43

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM, TONGARI <tongari95_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> boost::for_each(zip(images, offsets) | strided(2),
>> unzip(AddToMosaic(mosaic)));
>> [...]
>> The unpack() function would be useful for the zip_iterator as well.
>
> Is Fusion's make_fused() the equivalent?

Yes, I replaced all my uses of unpack with make_fused and everything
looks like it's working. Thanks for pointing it out. If the range
authors are interested I'll probably post my code with unpack (which
depends only on boost::result_of) and let them make the call whether
they want to introduce a fusion dependency.

This does raise a naming question. MPL uses unpack_args, Fusion uses
make_fused. I thought unpack was nice (I also like unzip), but I'm
not dead-set on any particular name. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nate