Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] plugin dll: What project settings arereally needed?
From: Georg Gast (schorsch_76_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-28 15:38:11

Am 28.01.2011 18:04, schrieb Robert Ramey:
Hello Robert!

>> First Question:
>> Are the above mentioned project settings for the exe and the dll
>> really right and complete? Or is something not needed or missing?
>
> They are as far as I know. I tested with them. Did this not work for you?
> If not, what happened? Note that you might have to change some
> pathnames from mine if you get link errors.
Yes it did work for me. I got only one warning that polymorphic_base is
no dll-interface, but that
occured even in your test projects.

>> Second question:
>> In my real project the dll should be able to provide derivied class
>> dependant MFC Objects (Views/Dialogs) which are then shown in the exe.
>> So: Is that (serialization through basepointer in dll) possible with
>> a MFC extension library or do i need to create a MFC gui dll and a
>> "polymorphic_derived2.dll"?
>> Hope that is understandable ;)
>
> lol - I think I understand what you're getting at. I don't know how much
> I can say without a specific case, but here goes.

> ...intersting stuff about libs and linkers...
Thank you Robert for your answers!

On the boost-users mailing list are some questions and testcode which
did not work which tried to do that kind of stuff. As far as i remember,
your answer was, that it was important to get the project settings
right. So i tried to do my homework ;) and made an example. It wasn't
clear to me, what project settings are needed. First i tried with my
classes, but it did not work. Then i copied your files and it did not
work. Only after coping your settings changed that. May it be possible
to add an explanation which requirements are needed for serialization
via abstract interfaces in dlls in the documentation of the
serialization library?

Thanks again!
Georg