Subject: Re: [Boost-users] What's happened to Ryppl?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-30 19:40:26

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 1/29/2011 1:50 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> The fact that you can quickly try doing it several different ways
>> without affecting the "official repo" is a big plus.  There's no
>> reason anyone should take my word for this, but I didn't really "get
>> it" about DVCSes until I actually tried using Git for a while.
>> Something about it changes the user experience drastically in ways
>> that are simply not obvious until you've gotten used to it.
>>

> I've noticed.  Using Git seems to incapacitate people
> from using any other version control tool.  I think
> it should be banned as a public hazard.

I OTOH pity the ones stuck with subversion. Learning and leveraging
Git effectively is like discovering the world is really round and that
there's actually a different and largely better way of working with
code.

How does that saying go, once you go black...

--
Dean Michael Berris
about.me/deanberris