Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [1.46.0 beta 1] [SourceForge] SourceForge mirror sync system broken
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-01 16:26:05

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> The SourceForge mirror sync system has broken down. Other projects are
>> affected, not just Boost.
>>
>> The files up there are probably good and the download problems should
>> clear once the mirrors are synced again, the S/F folks say.
>>
>> Some projects say their files are back online, but as of a few minutes
>> ago the Boost stuff still seemed broken and/or running so slowly as to
>> be effectively broken.
>
> I am sure we can host 1.46 beta off google for the time being, here:
>
>   http://code.google.com/p/boost/
>
> Let me know if you want me to upload packages there, or whether you want
> to do that yourself.

Interesting. Has anybody considered moving the current Subversion
repository to code.google.com as well? I'm positive that especially
now that they accept pretty much any OSI approved-license project
there, maybe we can take the SVN administration issue and move that to
Google's hands instead?

Thinking-out-loudly-as-per-usual-yours'ly

--
Dean Michael Berris
about.me/deanberris