Subject: [Boost-users] using the sandbox(es)
From: Alle Meije Wink (a.m.wink_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-18 07:25:45

Dear all,

My code uses some files from the boost sandbox repository as well as
from boost. To be able tom compile my own code and stay up to date, I
have downloaded and installed boost (svn, bjam) and downloaded the
sandbox (svn).

Now building boost was simple: create a build/ directory and call
"bjam -a --toolset=gcc --build-dir=build --variant=release
--link=shared --threading=multi --runtime-link=shared install"
or something very similar

In the sandbox things seem to be a bit differently. Using bjam in the
same style as above does not work, in particular any "bjam ...
install" comes back with a warning/notice

notice: could not find main target install
notice: assuming it is a name of file to create.
don't know how to make <e>install
...found 1 target...
...can't find 1 target...

and no files are installed (i.e. no files are copied to /usr/local/include).

Is it possible to install the boost-sandbox files to /usr/local using
bjam? Or is this not the way the sandbox should be used?

many thanks
Alle Meije Wink