Subject: Re: [Boost-users] using the sandbox(es)
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-21 21:28:43

On 2/21/2011 6:01 AM, Alle Meije Wink wrote:
> Short follow-up ...
>
> Reading what I could find on the internet about this I saw that most
> people download boost, then download the sandbox, then copy or
> (perhaps better) link the sandboxes that they use to the boost tree.
>
> That's easy enough. Is this the intended use of the sandbox repositories though?
>
> If it is, why does it have bjam files?

It has bjam files so you can run its tests and generate ( or regenerate
) its documentation.

BTW, I hope you didn't download the entire sandbox using SVN. That's a
huge amount of files. A possibly better way is to download only the
top=level sandbox directly itself as a separate SVN checkout. Then
download each library in which you are interested as a separate SVN
checkout in a directory just below your local top-level sandbox
directory. You can then update each library separately without having to
worry about any of the others.