Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [phoenix] V2, V3 and the amount of memory needed by the compiler to just include them
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-24 06:09:04

On 2/24/2011 1:22 PM, Joel Falcou wrote:
> On 24/02/11 04:00, Eric Niebler wrote:
>> Proto and Fusion can be preprocessed like MPL. Proto can use
>> variadic templates and rvalue references where available to bring
>> down the number of overloads. Things /can/ be better today. If only
>> there were more time.
>>
>> Or some volunteers?
>
> What about trying a GSoC on this ?

Forgive me, but that's a crap job that would be wasted on a GSoC
project. :-D It's a job for someone who is fed up with compiles times
(or with people complaining about them). It's not challenging or
glorious. It's just very, very tedious. But maybe Hartmut and Thomas
have this problem licked with their semi-automated solution. Hope so!

A more interesting GSoC project would be a next-gen EDSL toolkit (Proto
2?) that makes full use of C++0x features. Better compile times could be
a goal.

My .02,

--
Eric Niebler