Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [phoenix] V2, V3 and the amount of memory needed by the compiler to just include them
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-24 06:10:17

On 2/24/2011 10:26 AM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Thomas and I found a nice and simple way to do the preprocessing to Phoenix
> V3 which required a coupe of hours of hacking for it to be added. The effect
> was significant (see attached figure). Therefore, I can only encourage to
> add partial preprocessing to Fusion and Proto!

I'm not sure I understand this graph, Hartmut. It's entitled, "Time to
Preprocess Phoenix", and it plots "No PP" against "Using PP". What
does "no pp" and "using pp" signify here?

Also, making the PP phase faster is only interesting if it is a
significant portion of the overall compilation time. I'd be more
interested in plotting overall time, not just PP time.

Thanks for doing this! I hope to steal your work for Proto.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing