Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Serialisation] Using wide character
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-25 00:32:31

Vincent Capicotto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Problem found it's the Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type which is set to
> No (/Zc:wchar_t-) in our webservices.
> But how is it possible to force boost to accept this option for the
> serialization ??
>
> Thx

I believe this can work. BUT you have to rebuild the library with the same
setting. That is. if you want to build your application with usage
of wchar_t set to NO, you have to link with a library which
is built with the same setting.

The reason that I believe that this can work is that library
used to be built this way before microsoft had the
wchar_t type implemented. Note that there is also a
setting in boot config.h which is related to this. If you
build with NO wchar_t, you should check that boost/config
detects this properly.

Robert Ramey