Subject: [Boost-users] boost::asio multiprocess
From: Marco Piacentini (marcopiacenta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-01 10:25:34

Hi guys...I would to make a simple multi process (not thread) server. I've seen the iterative example in which it handles one request at a time. Instead I need to handle more requests(more on less 10) at the same time. In the classic c and c++ examples, I've seen that the server is designed like the following: int listensd, connsd; // listening socket and conection socket pid_t pid; //process id listensd=socket(....); bind(listensd,...); listen(listensd,...); for(;;) { connsd=accept(listensd,...); if((pid=fork())==0) //child process { close(listensd); //close the listen socket do_it(connsd); //serve the request close(connsd); //close the connection socket exit(0); } close(connsd); //the parent closes the connection socket } Is it possible to do something like that with boost? I really don't know how obtain the two different socket, because in boost all the function (listen, bind, accept, etc.) return void. Thank you...