Subject: [Boost-users] boost binary_iarchive compiler error converting from side_t to streamsize
From: Liron Kopinsky (liron.kopinsky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-21 16:15:31

Hi all,
I'm having a problem were, when I #include <boost/archive/binary_iarchive.hpp>, it says that there is an error converting from size_t to std::streamsize. This seems to come from basic_binary_iprimitive.hpp line 181 because std::memcpy takes a size_t but it's passing in a std::streamsize.

This seems to just be a warning, but even though I added #pragma warning(disable : 4244) and my compiler still isn't happy and gives this output:
http://boost.codepad.org/faSZmjNM

We seem to only have this problem when we're building in VS2010, but it works fine in 2005. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Liron Kopinsky
Image Metrics
Software Developer