Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Connecting Windows Messages/Events withBoostcallbacks
From: Andrew Holden (aholden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-25 12:40:25

On Friday, March 25, 2011 12:52 AM, asif saeed wrote:
> Thank you for giving me a good example. Though I haven't yet
> bothered to look into the SmartWin++ source code but I suspect
> they have done something more smarter.

I agree. I was trying to put together a very rough proof of concept.
It would take a lot of work to make a real product out of it.

To start, it would need a way to give each window its own map (dynamic
allocation and SetWindowLongPtr comes to mind and the logic needed to
destroy the map when the window closes).

It would also need a way to make the slots easier to use, perhaps helper
functions that use bind, lambda, or phoenix to convert the WPARAM/LPARAM
pair to meaningful parameters.