Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [units][uBlas] Problems using matrix operations with dimension constraints
From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-27 13:32:50

> It could be fixed, but would require injection of the XXX_typeof_helper operators (or decltype) throughout the library.
>
> What is the level of difficulty? Two months, four months or a lot longer?

I don't know enough about the internals of uBlas to say; I use an array library I wrote myself and retrofitting that library took me a week or so, including testing. I imaging it could be done in a couple of months of concerted effort by a competent programmer.

> I don't use uBlas and I'm not aware of any effort to do this as yet. Would be a good project, though...
>
> Is this even on the uBlas developers road map? It seemed like an obvious synergy for these two libraries.

Not that I know of. The issue has been raised before, but there didn't seem to be much interest in the uBlas community. I agree that it is an obvious synergy; it would also make uBlas more correct in general.

> Thank you for your response. It lets me create a couple of quick methods to accomplish what I need rather than trying to find just the right syntax to get it to work.

Happy to help. Good luck - if you do decide to extend uBlas, I imagine that the work would be well-received.

Matthias