Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Spirit] Semantic actions (binary parser) - user error or bug?
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-28 23:59:10

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<BANLkTim318tansq+XADU8ZJ1CMa0pWMdhw_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>I've come across some behaviour with semantic actions that seems
>strange. I'm not sure if this is intended or if it is indeed a bug.

Seems perfectly normal to me. You need omit[] around stuff that you
don't want to appear as part of the attribute for a rule. Since your
rule's attribute is only a byte, including big_dword as part of the
rule without omit would mean that its part of the attribute for the
rule too and that doesn't match the layout of the test struct.