Subject: [Boost-users] Boost in an MFC app on WinNT4
From: tangleman_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-04-29 10:57:48

I am trying to modify a current MFC application running on Windows NT4 to
use boost libraries for ethernet communcications (originally, it used
CommX for serial) and general increased performance, effieciency, and
clarity of code.

I started out modifying it in VS2010, but I found that I was unable to
produce a valid NT4 app with VS2010. I googled the issue and found that
VS2005 was the last version able to create an NT4 app. I got everything
to compile in VS2005, but found that I had to change certain #define
statements in stdafx.h in order to get the app to run on NT4. However,
even after doing that, when I execute the program on NT4, it immediately
quits with no error. It doesn't show anything. I even checked the Task
Manager processes while executing it. It is like it never executed at
all.

I got desperate and tried compiling the app in VS2003, but I got so many
errors that I gave that up.

My last attempt was VC6, but again, I got 262 errors and started wondering
whether it was even possible for boost to run in VB6 or on an NT4 machine.

This is a very tight-schedule project, so any (prompt) help would be very
appreciated! Thank you!